A couple of resolutions you guys can help keep me honest about:
- Try at least one new recipe a month. I tried this before last year with the Healthy Recipe (and slacked off, quite honestly) and I liked doing it. Plus, I got like, no lie -- a million (okay, like 7) cookbooks for Christmas this year and I'm dying to try some new recipes from them. They won't all be healthy, but they will be tasty, I'm sure. Just for Christmas alone, I made baked macaroni and cheese and candied yams with pecans that I pretty much love. They have like a whole stick of butter in each of them, but they are SOOO good. So I can't commit to only cooking healthfully, but I can commit to cooking food that seems interesting and looks like it will be tasty to me. And I'll share the successful recipes with you, dear readers.
- Take pictures to document life and stretch my creative muscles. I took some pics for my photography class last year, and honestly, I can say that I miss doing that since my class ended. I am going to give myself some assignments and post some of the results on this blog (and/or my professional blog) to keep me honest and give me a creative outlet. I may also just include more snapshots that I take on a general basis.
- Find an organization to volunteer with and do so, regularly. Can either be one organization with a long term commitment, or various organizations with one time commitments.
- Eat out at new restaurants. Use this time to try different cuisines and experiment. Setta B. said she would help me with this when I come visit her in NYC. YAY! I don't want to put a time restriction on this one because it is a recession and I'm saving up for grad school, so I can't afford to just eat out all the time.
- Exercise! I'd like to restart running so that I can run in the summer. And I should also look into taking a class at a gym to combat my boredom and general dislike of routine workout equipment.
- Sit up straight. This is a recurring problem for me. I've started today thinking of myself as a descendant of a tree. So whenever I catch myself slouching, I imagine that I'm a tree to remind me to sit up straight. You don't see slouched trees too often. Not a perfect system, but it's at least getting me thinking about it. So if you see me in real life, and you notice me slouching, "tell me to be the tree" -- or just tell me to stop slouching.
2 comments:
Are you taking suggestions for your photography assignments?
I am taking suggestions! So if you have one, send it along!!!
Post a Comment