So, about that.
I just got back from a banging vacation/professional development stint. I was gone nearly two weeks. First, I went to the quadrennial UNITY: Journalists of Color convention in Chitown. Good times were had. I got to hook up with the Ten95 homies, as well as other friends from the industry -- and surprisingly from Flint.
Then I headed to Reno, Nevada for a seminar on court reporting. Then it was five days in sunny Richmond, Calif. eating barbecue and drinking sweet tea.
And I promise I documented a lot of it. I swear I did. But my camera died. And I can only charge it with the USB cord that allows you to download the pictures to your computer.
I lost the cord.
So, until I can find it, here's a shot of my new 'do (which, ironically, I washed out this morning) courtesy of Facebook.
It's a picture of me and Duck at the UNITY party in Chicago. Note the Prince and the Revolution T-shirt. So hood.Anyway, those lovely comb twists you may be able to see atop my noggin lasted me three time zones, seven plane rides, and three weeks. Tell me that's not a good deal for $55. I was going to try to stretch them one more week with a coil out, but when I started taking them out this morning and saw all that dirtiness from 3 weeks of travel, I decided my hair needed a good washing more than another week of a hairstyle.
So it's back to the 'fro. At least for a little while.
Surprisingly, the response to my new hair was overwhelmingly positive. People LOVED it. Although, I'm not sure if they loved it because it was a great hairstyle or because it's something different from the puff I normally wear.
As the BF says "I'm always a fan of variety."
Guess the masses have spoken. T-Dot needs to switch it up from time to time.
*reaches and pulls out the collection plate*
Anyone want to ante up for my next style change? I'm thinking two strand twists. We like the kind that jingles, but we'd prefer the kind that folds. Thankyou.
No comments:
Post a Comment