Thursday, January 25, 2007

Pass the tissues.

I'm sick. Here's a list of random things I've learned and/or done while I've been under the weather.
  • I felt I was getting sick so, on Monday, I cleaned my house – just in case I needed to take a sick day later in the week.
  • On Wednesday, when the fever hit, I was glad I had.
  • Being sick sucks monkey balls.
  • Hard.
  • If I see, smell, taste or touch another thing resembling soup, I may scream.
  • I called my doctor at 8 a.m. looking for an appointment. I walked down the street to his office (it's less than a block away). After he'd examined me, I bemoaned that he couldn't give me antibiotics because it was a virus. He said “I didn’t give you your sickness, I just diagnosed it.”
  • My doctor’s kind of a jerk. It’s oddly comforting and makes me trust him. I think that’s why I keep going back to him.
  • I went to the store to pick up some medicine and soup. Halfway through my trip, I started getting dizzy.
  • Did I mention being sick sucks?
  • I got home, took a dose of 'Tussin and went to sleep.
  • For the last week, I've been eating soup.
  • If I see, smell, taste, or touch another thing resembling soup, I may scream.
  • Loudly.
  • After I ate my 10th bowl of soup this week, I had a craving for brownies. So I made some.
  • Halfway through the process, I rationonalized I might be too tired to cut the brownies once they were done.
  • So I made brownie muffins.
  • But I'm a bad baker, so I burnt the edges.
  • The smell of burnt brownies never really leaves your house.
  • And the smell of it can be quite nauseating when you're sick.
  • But the brownies were still good.
  • Mmmm, chocolate chunk.
  • Taking a shower when you’re sick makes you feel better.
  • For a while.
  • Bad TV is addictive when you're sick.
  • I wasted two hours of my life watching American Idol auditions.
  • This morning, I went on an interview for a story I'm doing. I'd set it up sweeks ago and couldn't let the opportunity pass me by.
  • So I pumped myself up full of drugs and interviewed my subjects for three hours.
  • It was a good interview. But afterwards, I was tired.
  • Working while you're sick - on a sick day - sucks pretty hard.
  • I called my boss to tell her about my interview - she said half the office is showing the same symptoms I have. I got my virus from another one of my coworkers.
  • I came home and dropped into the bed. I woke up four hours later, in time for Thursday night TV.
  • Living alone when you're sick is pretty boring.
  • I wish I could hear a bedtime story before I go to sleep when I'm sick.
  • I'm going to work tomorrow.

3 comments:

Jameil said...

hahahahahahaha!! love this list!! not the tussin! ew. love that your dr.'s a jerk. hilarious. why do bad bakers still always bake?

SNM said...

Poor baby! See, this is why I work from home. To avoid everyone's nasty-ass germs. And driving in the snow. If it's snowing, you won't see me in the office. Because I refuse to be stuck there. And because if I damage new Pepe on the way to work in an accident, in the snow, I'm going to be extra salty.

**shrugs**
That's the way it bees.

Anonymous said...

Why are you slammin'soup, Talia? That's all I've been eating since I moved to Florida, but then again, that might justbe the old people rubbing off on me, no really, I swear to God I was standing in line at the grocery store the other day and a peice of skin on the back of this old guy's neck literally fell off ...

and then I threw up a little bit inside my mouth...

the new blog's cool by the way, way to step it up...