That's the conclusion I came to as I dug through my purse around 3 p.m. to find enough change to buy something to eat. The cafeteria was closed, therefore, I couldn't use my debit card. And my tummy would start to rumble soon.
So, I counted.
In my wallet alone, I found $2.70. More than enough bounty to buy a Lunchable (yay!) or some other high cholesterol treat from the vending machines upstairs. I could drink water, but I needed something of substance in my belly.
I wish I was the new girl again. Then I could just have someone buy me lunch. But I'm an old intern, so for me, it's off to the third floor.
Being poor sucks. *Sigh*
****UPDATE****
On my way upstairs, I got a hankering for a brownie - and I had just enough to get it, so I thought. I get to the vending area and not only are there were no Lunchables in sight, there's not a brownie to be found anywhere. I had to settle for the Maruchan Instant Lunch (Roasted Chicken Flavor) and a huge cinnamon roll. That completely made being poor more sucky. Dang, I wanted a Lunchable.Now, back to work.
2 comments:
Hell yeah, I had to dig out $3 in quarters to pay for parking last night just to go to class last night....damn grad school at night in the hood if it wasn't in the hood I could park on the street and know my car would be there at the end of class.
Ah yes, the search for change. I am far too familiar with that. I have taken to collecting all my non-penny coins and putting them in a ziplock bag so I know where they are.
While I was in Memphis I kept it handy for trips to the vending machine for water and the post-work icecream bar.
The bag of change is a fixture for Taco Bell trips as well.
Post a Comment