Friday, September 09, 2005

T.G.I.F.

You ever have a day so good that nothing can change your sunny disposition?

I have and that glorious day was today.

By all accounts, today shouldn't have been as great as it was.

I woke up and my throat was (and still is) really sore. I couldn't find my birth certificate this morning, which I need in order to go to Canada for a story. I think I forgot to put on deodorant because I was rushing (but I don't stink). I forgot to get gas before I left (because I was late) and realized I now only have a ¼ tank of gas in Dee Dee, which will get me to work and back with a notch or two to spare. I was stuck in traffic forever today and got to work late. The photo assignment I scheduled for the Canada thing got cancelled, forcing me to reschedule (I guess, was a good thing). Not to mention that my cell phone got cut off around 2 p.m. for late payment

But still, I'm feeling good. Probably because it's Friday. Most likely because it's Friday. Hallelujah, it's Friday!

On my way back from an assignment, the radio was jamming. I'm talking "People Everyday," by Arrested Development, "Hail Mary" by Tupac, and my favorite record of the moment, "Golddigger" by Kanye and Jamie Foxx. Trust and believe that I was dancing and singing at the top of my lungs in the company car. Now, I've filed my story and I'm just surfing the Internet, waiting for my shift to end and the weekend to begin.

Don't you love Fridays?

Oh, and my phone should be back on sometime this evening.
Feel free to give me a ring in about four hours.

5 comments:

Unknown said...

hey i feel ya on that!

you can have had the worse day in life, but it can still be a good day. that's why i have the new quote on my email signature ... "Our lives are not determined by what happens to us but by how we react to what happens, not by what life brings to us, but by the attitude we bring to life. A positive attitude causes a chain reaction of positive thoughts, events, and outcomes. It is a catalyst, a spark that creates extraordinary results."

Anonymous said...

Hold the phone...

Canada? You can't just slip that in there all casual Buford. You're going to Canada? What could possibly be in Canada beside maples syrup and the prettiest policemen to walk the face of the earth.

You're killin' me here.

Sherlon Christie said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
T Dot said...

Umm, I'm going to Canada for a story. Feature piece on Boblo Island. Nothing big. I'm not smuggling drugs or anything. Calm down. :-)

Sherlon Christie said...

Thank you for that explanation!