I love my Bandolinos. I really do.
They've been there in a clutch for me so many times. With their tan leather body and wooden kitten heel, I could literally wear them with just about anything and be fine.
But me and Mr. Bandolino gonna have to talk. Lately, they've been starting to hurt my feet after a day of working -- and walking in them.
That's the problem I always had as a journalist. I used to be GA, so my excuse for not having great shoes was that I never knew if I was going to be covering a fire, a county fair, a town council meeting or a arraignment. So I wore sensible shoes. Usually flats of some sort.
But as I've gotten older, my calves and my style choices yearn for some heels. So when I put on a green dress today, I looked in the mirror and realized that my flats just wouldn't do the outfit justice. So I turned to my Bandolinos.
They were fine in the walk up the hill to the State House. They were fine during the meeting. But I'm not sure if my feet swelled, sweated or just completely changed proportions, but as I stepped onto the concrete to make my way back to the office on deadline, my feet cried out in pain. That little part on the bottom of your foot between your big toe and the ball of your foot? It felt like I'd scraped off all of the skin and then rubbed an emery board over it. I gingerly made my way back down the hill and to the office as fast as I could and resolved that I needed to buy new shoes, good shoes, ASAP.
But I have another problem. My feet, as wonderful and reliable as they may be, are an unconventional size. They are too big to be true 8s, but too small to be 8.5s. As a result, I often have to buy the larger size and put insoles in. I think it's sometimes the insoles -- or my lack thereof, as my foot sloshes around in a too big shoe - that causes my foot pain.
Sigh. But I can work with that.
What I really need from you, blog universe, are some suggestions of some good, COMFORTABLE, yet stylish heels I can add to my collection. I'm specifically looking for brands I can try that make heels I can wear from the courtroom to a high school gym and still be able to walk normally by the end of the night. (Jameil, Darby, Veronica, Russatta and all you other shoe/fashiony people out there, THIS MEANS YOU!)
Because honestly, it's time for me to invest in some new shoes. Did I mention I bought the Bandolinos when I was still in college? Yeah. It's really time for an upgrade.
Wednesday, May 20, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
9 comments:
Your friends are speechless on this one....
nine west is a great brand but sometimes they have misses as well. you should try them on and walk around in them. if they hurt at all when you put them on, take them off and move on. cuteness is not worth it when you want to actually wear them. try some platforms in the front of the shoe around the toe. stay away from aldo. i have never found a comfortable shoe in there. some people say they work for them i haven't found that to be the case. gap shoes are also very uncomfortable. give steve madden a try as well. for me they are more miss than hit but every once in a while they work. ooh! enzo angiolini! i love those shoes! they sell them at macy's. macy's, nordstrom, and nine west have great sales, too.
There are two-- OK three-- places where I shop for shoes: Nine West, Nordstrom, and DSW.
In that order.
Seriously, I should own stock in Nine West I have so many pairs of shoes from them.
I agree with all the advice here, but I'd also urge you not to abandon the Bandolino brand. I am a big fan of their shoes for the comfort as well as style.
eek... you've kinda hit me with this comfortable issue. lol... here's the thing, you know I LOVE Aldo, but they're definitely not the brand you need to go for.
And honestly, I don't really a know a specific brand that works all the time. I have a pair of really comfortable Jessica Simpson shoes, but I dont think all her shoes are extremely comfortable. So I would say look more for a particular style than a brand.
What tends to be most comfortable are shoes with a wider point (if you get a pointed toe), shoes with a hidden platform, and if you're lucky... ones with a little cushion in them. Oh and as much as I love a good stiletto, you should probably stick to something under 3 inches.
Eep.
This is hard, because my feet don't readily agree with a whole lot of shoes.
HOWEVER... you might want to look into shoes with a modest heel, say 2, 2-1/2 inches. My most comfy shoes couldn't be more different in terms of style -- one is a pair of brown leather sandals from Aerosoles, the other is a pair of burgundy patent leather Mary Janes from Urban Outfitters. But the one thing they have in common is that they both have modest wedge heels, and therefore are SUPER comfy on my feet.
It's just enough height to make you feel like a girl, but not so much that you're wobbling at the end of the day.
I suggest you try out different heel heights and styles to see what might be the best option for you.
... doesn't mean you have to completely ignore the 4-inch stilettoes though... :o)
Oh, and you're fired for still having a pair of college shoes.
Fired, I say.
Thanks guys. I'm going out this weekend to see how long I can shop for shoes without getting completely frustrated and stabbing a salesperson in the back with a stilletto.
And V, I know I'm fired. I'm so going to clean out my closet because if you knew how old some of my shoes were, I think you'd have me blacklisted for life.
i have h.s. shoes, veronica! they fit, they're cute AND i've only worn them maybe 10 times in the last 9 years. keepin 'em. no reason to get rid of a good non-worn out shoe.
Post a Comment