A little bit of randomness for you on a cool Saturday afternoon:
* I'm lazy. Real lazy. I'm at work right now, and I'm trying to think about what I want to do when I get out of work. I'm supposed to go to the gym, but it's cold. I know I'll probably go because I need to try out this new gym membership Russatta swiped for me to Bally's. Plus, I bought a new swimsuit and I am surely going to put it to good use.
* I'm putting together my living will and I'm wondering what I want done to me in the event I am unable to make my own medical decisions. Do I want to be on a feeding tube, a la Terry Schiavo? Who do I want to be my medical proxy? Weigh in with your own thoughts on the artificial life, thing - I need some help.
* People sleep on me. Not literally. But if I get one more sideways look when I go up to someone and tell them I'm a reporter, I might have to slap somebody. Yes, I have an afro. Yes, I'm 5 ft 2 inches. Yes, I look 12. But I yield the power of the press, suckas. Bow down. And stop asking me how old I am.
* Rhode Island is cold. Real cold. And that's saying a lot seeing as how I'm from Michigan. I'd say it's a different kind of cold than my home state. In Michigan, it's cold, but it's dry. The snow is fluffy and if you grease up in the morn, you'll be good for the rest of the day. True, they have below freezing temps often, but you deal with it. Rhode Island is tricky. They fool you into thinking it's warm by saying - oh, it's 35 degrees - but you step outside and get hit with the kind of cold that hits you in your bones. It's that wet, get you sick kinda cold. I'm glad I got my flu shot already.
* Living by yourself often sucks. I was at home last night, starving and couldn't find anything to eat. One, I was too lazy to fix anything, and two, if I did, I'd be eating it for days because I live by myself. So I ate some leftover risotto. It was tasty, but I felt like a bum.
* I miss my friends. All of them. A lot. Sometimes I miss school but then I think to undergrad and all of the work and stress I had to endure and I decide against it.
*Speaking of school, I need to get accepted into an Ivy League college for grad school. Why is it like every person I know from Hampton now attends Yale, Harvard or some other banging school and either has or is close to having their Master's Degree already? Kind of makes me feel like I've been left behind. I'm all for higher education, but I've yet to decide if I need one right now. I know that eventually I'll get one because I'd like to teach, but I'm still up in the air about whether I want to get it in journalism (probably not). Guess I'll put my dreams of being an ivy league alumna on hold and get to writing my story.
*Maybe not. My eye is jumping. And it has been for the past few weeks. It kind of scares me. And it embarrasess me when I'm interviewing someone and it starts jumping. It's a slight jump, and I know you only see it if you look closely, but it still makes me self-concious. Maybe I should go to the eye doctor. Or have the paper pay for a no-glare screen for my computer. We'll see.
*Okay, it's really off to work now. Holla.
Saturday, December 09, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
5 comments:
Hi!
Came to your blog via Sherlon's...and I have to agree with you on this point:
But I yield the power of the press, suckas. Bow down. And stop asking me how old I am.
YESSSSSSSSSSSSS! Preach it! PREACH IT!
People can't believe this lil' Black girl (in a VERY white city) works for the top newsradio station here. They think I'm a student or a football player's wife. UGH.
Anyhoo - great blog. I will continue to read!
Oh yeah - and I hear you on the living by yourself thing. Although I LOVE living by myself...it can get a bit lonely at times. And the whole food thing - I agree!!
Hey,
Earlier this year I experienced the whole eye jumping thing. It lasted about 2 or 3 weeks and scared me a little. I ran to the eye doctor and had him take a look and he didn't see anything seriously wrong with my eye, but suggested stress may be the culprit.
Man, you get a big Amen from me on the whole people treating you like you're 12 thing as well as living alone and missing your friends.
I guess this is the whole 'living in the real world' thing our parents told us about. But for real, some of this ish is for the birds.
I miss you too THELMA!!!
since shiavo, i've told anyone who will listen i do not being on life support, but if i'm a vegetable and no longer jameil, dammit let me go. i don't know abt a feeding tube. hadn't thought of that. if i'm not jameil... let me go.
the "how old are you" thing and even getting carded is past annoying. i am not 12. i'm old enough to ask you questions, so answer them.
pgh is that RI boo cold, too. not the same 35 in CLT. brrr!!!!
i live w/my father and there's still always far too many leftovers. we are so HERE w/the higher ed thing. i'm like wtf. all these people are finishing law school this year and i work at a tv station. whoopdeefreeakindo.
er um.. i need you to do both w/the eyes.
Post a Comment