Tuesday, December 12, 2006

A bath? What is a bath?

Alright, so here is a question I have to pose to the fellas:

Do guys take baths?

Here's why I ask:
I was talking to a friend of mine, who shall remain nameless, when somehow, we got on the subject of bathing. He insists that dudes don't take baths. They take showers instead.

"A bath?," my friend asked. "What is a bath? I mean I bathe, but I don't take baths. At least not since I was a little kid." (Hooray for the Dave Chappelle reference in his comment.)

I just don't get it.

Baths are great. I wasn't always a fan (you're essentially sitting in a dirt stew) but found them to be fantastic when I'm looking to relax - not necessarily feel clean, but to relax.

So, fellas, let me know. I think this is a question the world needs answered.

Do you take baths?

11 comments:

Veronica Miller Jamison said...

What I want to know is... are you not at work today? LOL. You got the day off or something? 'Cause you've been posting like a madwoman, woman.

Chris said...

I'm a shower guy, but the way my body has been aching from all this movement, a long, hot soak in the tub might be in order these days.

T Dot said...

No, I just had a lot to say. I work everyday, all day, without exception, V. These should hold ya'll over for a while. You know how I like to get ghost every so often.

Jarrod said...

First violation, how you gonna say your friend who shall remain nameless and then promptly include the link to my blog. Second violation, I agree with Duck. Nigga shouldn't you be working. And yes I said "nigga". I will not allow Jesse Jackson and Kramer to punk me into not using the word "nigga".

T Dot said...

If you notice the time stamps, you see it was well after deadline. I'd finished my story and still had some time left on my shift.

Secondly, I wanted to link to you blog because...I could. That is all.

Jameil said...

aren't most dudes too tall to fit in the tub? i think that's why they don't and b/c of dudes like j-rod who would clown them and say dudes don't take baths. so they say they don't either. but they want to. it makes you think of childhood which, for most, is relaxing.

Anonymous said...

I can't remember a bath since childhood. Ha. But I clearly remember two distinct conversations with two different males:

Gary: "I don't take baths because you're swimming in your own crud."

Winston: "I'm not going out, I'm going back to the hotel to take a bath."

Anonymous said...

Ok, Flint. Here we go. I don't have time to take baths. But if I did I certainly would because it's relaxing. So for quickness I choose to take showers, which already take me long enough. Plus... my tub is rather small and I'm rather tall. So you see the dilemma. Tall man, small tub. Not good.

hizzle said...

Little people are the only ones who can comfortably bathe. Showers are a matter of practicality for most of us who lack the stature of your average fifth grader.

I don't think it's about being macho so much as being mucho -- as in mucho grande for the bathtub!

Book said...

Hizzle is correct on that note..lol


I take showers, Next time i take a real bath, It'll be when im in my own apt.

T Dot said...

Jameil - I'd suppose you're right, but I do know some petite fellows.

C. Nel - I'm sad, yet strangely overjoyed you remembered two conversations about bathing in your life. They're a little odd, but it's a start. Thanks.

Art - I'm wondering who you are because only one person I know calls me Flint. And his name isn't Art, but if you mix the letters around, I guess it could be you. Hmmm. Let me know. Regardless, I feel you on the quickness thing.

Hizzle - I mean, for real? Fifth grader? I'm 5'3" - that's at least 7th grade, right? Can I make it to junior high?

The Book - I feel you on not taking baths in - i'm assuming - a dorm. We had tubs at my college but I was not going to take a bath in them, no matter how hard I scrubbed it clean. That's just nasty. I don't even take baths in hotels. Only showers, all day.