Friday, September 22, 2006

Another survey

I stole this from Jarrod, but really, does it matter any more? All of these things come from somewhere else. Read on if you are so inclined.

1. How tall are you barefoot? 5 feet 3 inches
2. Have you ever flown first-class? Nope
3. One of your favorite books when you were a child? Babysitters Club, which begat R.L. Stine's Fear Street series, which evolved into the "black love" books (Eric J. Dickey, etc.) - all by the time I was 15. Yeah, I was doing a whole lot.
4. A good restaurant in your city? Pakarang - it's Thai.
5. What is your favorite small appliance? Gonna have to go with microwave - or cell phone.
6. One person that never fails to make you laugh? That negro J.
7. What’s your favorite Christmas song? Traditional: Silver Bells (we sang it in elementary school) - Contemporary/Other: anything off of the Temptations Christmas album. It just ain't Christmas until I hear Motown put some funk on the holiday
8. What was the first music that you ever bought? That would be Kid N' Play "Funhouse" - and yes, it was on cassette.
9. Do you do push-ups? Nah. I'm too lazy.
10. What was one of your favorite games as a child? Red Rover, Double Dutch
11. What is the one thing that you cook that always receives compliments? Fried chicken
12. When you were twelve years old, what did you want to be when you grew up? I actually wanted to be a teacher. But that was around the time I realized I don't really like kids and loved writing.
13. Your favorite Soup of the Day? I used to love chicken and stars - now I go for chicken noodle - or some authentic gumbo.
14. What in your life are you most grateful for? The favor I've recieved just by being a child of God. He's given me more opportunities and made more ways out of no way's than I can even remember.
15. Have you ever met someone famous? Yes, Matthew Modine & Floetry
16. Date Of Birth? October 12, 1983. My 23rd anniversary is coming up in less than a month - make a note.
17. Top 3 thoughts at this exact moment: Is it time to go yet? My back hurts. Why did my coworker just say my name?
18. Three people you're thinking about right now: Chris, Marlon and Veronica (we're chatting right now)
19. Name five drinks you regularly drink: Water, Newman's Own virgin Lemon-aided Iced Tea, Orange Juice, Lipton's/Nestea Iced Tea, V8 Splash (Berry Blast or Fruit Medley) or Tropicana Twisters (Tropical Punch)
20. From what news source do you receive the bulk of your news? NPR, www.projo.com
21. Current hair? Natural - Afro
22. Current worry? If I'll have enough money to pay my rent, buy new tires and go to ATL at the beginning of the month.
23. Current hate? I don't have one. But if I did, it'd be inconsiderate grocery line people.
24. Favorite place to be? With loved ones
25. Least favorite place to be? Work
26. Do you consider yourself well organized? I have functional chaos in my life.
27. Do you believe in an afterlife? Yes, but I don't believe heaven has a ghetto.
28. Where do you think you will be in 10 years? I'll be 33, hmmm, working as a social issues or crime reporter for a major metro daily. Either that or in management.
29. Do you burn or tan? Tan
30. Who was the last blogger you hung out with? Jessie, even though she's hung up her keyboard. Before that, it was Erin E. and Darren.
31. Are you more optimistic or pessimistic about the future? Optimistic
32. Last time you had an alcoholic drink? Sept. 15
33. What songs do you sing in the shower? It varies, but currently, it's Breakthrough by the Jazzyfatnastees
34. What did you fear was going to get you at night as a kid? I always was afraid of burglers and thugs coming into my house to hurt my sister and I while my mom was at work.
35. What’s in your pockets right now? I don't have pockets on my pants. In my jean jacket, a pen, some cotton balls, and chapstick.
36. Last thing that made you laugh? A conversation with Rashida.
37. Best bed sheets you had as a child? Um, we were poor. Our sheets were plain blue or beige.
38. Worst injury you’ve ever had? I dislocated my right knee one day in the cafeteriaa. I popped it back in place, but that joint has never been the same since that day.
39. Favorite song? Varies, but I will always love At Last by Etta James.
40. How many TVs do you own? At my current apartment - one. In life: four
41. In the last calendar year, how many people have you told that you love them? Four or five - all family
42. Last person that made you blush? No comment
43. Best compliment received? Whenever someone says I'm their role model. It's cool, but kind of scary at the same time.
44. What song is in your head? Breakthrough by the Jazzyfatnastees (thanks to this survey)
45. What is your favorite book? The Autobiography of Malcolm X
46. Last meal you cooked for the opposite sex? Meatloaf, mashed potatoes and I think corn, months ago.
47. What songs do you want played at your wedding? Etta James - At Last, Hay - Crucial Conflict; Electric Slide/ the Hustle; Bunny Hop; Red Hot Pepper Boy (partnas in crime); Some Jill Scott and anything else to set the party off right.
48. What song do you want played at your funeral? I'm not sure if I've lived enough to decide a proper song to say goodbye to the world to
49. What were you doing at 12 midnight last night? fighting off sleep, trying to stay awake for Shida's call.
50. What would you like to accomplish with the remaining years of your life? Unconditional Happiness, freedom from debt, Success in my career, and some other stuff.

3 comments:

Jameil said...

At Last, Hay. shut up. just shut up!!! lmao!! i was trying to decide which part to respond to and this is ridiculous! you hilarious girl you. lmao!

NSearchOfMe said...

Hello, I was reading #47 and I couldn't help but laugh @ Bunny Hop and Red Hot Pepper Boy. I'm from New Orleans so that def. sounds like reception music to me along with the usual Electric Slide. Where are you from? I am wondering because I have always been curious as to just how far the bounce music thing has really spread.

T Dot said...

@Jameil: you know Hay is the bomb. Gotta represent for my midwestern roots. And At Last by Etta James is one of the greatest songs ever! Don't sleep!

@nsearchofme: I'm from Michigan, but one of my best friends is from the N.O. and I've spent some time there. But we often danced to the sounds of Nola during our pregaming for a night of nogoodery. And being from the midwest, I love any line dance, and Red Hot Pepper Boy, it just makes me happy. Reminds me of good times.