Instead of New Year's resolutions, last year, I started giving myself a theme to live by.
Last year, No one could steal my sunshine. That meant all of the things that brought me down in 04 - worry, peer pressure, confidence, whatever - weren't going to have an effect on me. For the most part, it worked. I had a good year.
So, I'm talking to my girl, Delilah about my theme for next year, being that we're grown women (ha) now and all.
Me: "Yeah, so you know how last year no one could steal my sunshine?"
Delilah: "Yeah."
Me: "I think I got my theme for this year."
Delilah: "What is it?"
Me: "My theme for this year is get a new mattress and a couch."
Delilah, cracking up laughing: "So you went from having sunshine to just wanting a decent place to sleep, huh?"
Me: "Times be hard these days. That's all I really need right now. A good mattress."
But for real - I do need to get a theme for next year as January 1 is rapidly approaching. What's your theme for this year? Any suggestions for me?
Monday, December 19, 2005
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
5 comments:
I was thinking about that this morning. Last year, it was, "I will..." I put it on my mirror in red lipstick. Basically, it was a call to action. Stop procrastinating and just do it. I'm still figuring out the focus for 2006. I'll keep you posted.
I'm not good at themes. That's why I wasn't an English major. I always failed that part.
Whatever your theme is, make sure it encourages you to be authentic in who you are and true to yourself.
End the drought...my current blog entry (shameless plug) explains it all.
First of all Bueford, after the age of 18 there is no more peer pressure. Its either you wanna do it or you dont. But ah, as for now, my theme is being blessed not stressed, until I think of something different. And yes you will start getting Peru details, I'm back to blog nation!
Post a Comment