Oddly enough, I haven't been able to match lately.
Maybe I'm going color blind.
No, I think I'm just starting not to care. I got up this morning and pulled on a pair of grey pinstripe pants and a green short sleeved sweater. No problem, right? I slipped into my black pumps and headed to my closet to look for a cardigan to shield me from the ever changing temperature in my office. I didn't have black, so I pulled out my beige cardigan and put it on. I grabbed my teal coat, knotted my crimson scarf around my neck, and walked out the door.
Before you berate me, hear me out. I had every intention of taking the cardigan off and placing it on the back of my chair at work. But as soon as I came in, I headed into a staff meeting, where it was cold. So I kept the cardigan on. And the red scarf. It wasn't until maybe 4:30 p.m. that I realized what I had on and peeled the cardigan from my back and laid the scarf to the side.
Good thing I spent most of the day at my desk writing.
Speaking of writing, I feel like I've become an indentured servant to my newspaper. After a very long weekend of shenanigans and responsibilities, I started Monday at 8:30 a.m. at a local pond. I was there to do a feature on a water based division of the police department. From there, I headed back to the office to write about an open meetings complaint that had been filed with the Attorney General's office. I also got the skinny on a court case that I had missed earlier that day and wrote it for the enxt day's paper. Day done yet? Not by a long shot. I had to then head to my town for a budget workshop that I thankfully didn't have to write about until the next day.
Tuesday, I slept until noon, then rolled out of bed to go to work. I wrote my budget hearing story from the night before, filed some requests for public documents and headed back to my town for a marathon town council meeting. The meeting started at 7 p.m. It adjourned at 11:05 p.m.
Exhausted, I ran back to the office to get on the following day's b udget (a mandate from my boss) then went home and fell in the bed. Then, today, I had the two hour staff meeting and then spent all afternoon writing about the marathon town council meeting which advanced the story on a pension board issue that recently had garnered a lot of coverage.
I'm just pooped. And the week isn't over yet.
One good thing is coming out of all of this, though. Can you say "overtime?"
Wednesday, March 21, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
Perhaps you need to take notes from the father character played by John Witherspoon in Boomerang. Remember the part when he said, "You got to COORDINATE!"? Well, I need you to think about that.
Teal, gray, green, black, beige and more. I have a few suggestions. (1) Get a neutral colored scarf and coat. (2) Leave a black shawl at work on those days you need extra warmth. (3) Look in the mirror before you leave home!
LOL
You and that damned teal coat! I was with you until you brought that thng out.
You mean you're JUST starting to feel like an indentured servant?! Lol. I feel like that all the time.
And on this matching thing: see you need to chill with all those colors. All my dress pants are black or charcoal gray. And I stick to the button down dress shirts from Express and the likes.
Post a Comment