Call it Straight from the Streets reincarnated. Enjoy.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
*What makes a person, in this day and age, grow a tail with their hair? At my council meeting, I was mesmerized by the long thin braid coming from the back of the head of one of the resident's. That joint was meticulously braided and secured with a bright green elastic. I wonder if dude was standing in the mirror, getting dressed saying to himself, "yeah, this braided tail is hella fresh. All the ladies gonna be on me tough." I just wanted to whip out a swiss army knife, chop the braid off and give him a coupon to Supercuts.
*This cat walked into my town council meeting with the freshest Air Jordan XI's I've seen in a long time. Not a speck of dirt was on the white canvas lace holders. The clear gel sole was spotless - unstained. I was, however disappointed at the rest of his attire: a green oversized sweatshirt and some ill-fitting pants. I wanted him to come correct with it, 1995 style - fresh jersey or crisp button-up and jeans with the razor sharp crease. One can only hope, I suppose.*As hard as I try to resist, I think I'm turning into a Rhode Islander - or at least, a New Englander. People back at home say I'm starting to replace my "r" with "ah" when I speak, a la Sean Lyons ("go pahk tha cah, Jahmah"). When people try to pass me on the expressway, I speed up just enough so that they don't have clearance. I grocery shop in Massachusetts. Cranston is now preceeded by "I gotta go all the way south to." (Mind you, it takes maximum 15 minutes to get almost any place in Providence. From the airport, you pass through three of the largest cities in 5 minutes on Route 95). I'm beginning to refer to expressways as "route" ( note route 95 instead of I-95). And yesterday, for the first time, I had a stuffie, a Rhode Island delicacy. Really, just a stuffed clam, but locals rave about them.
6 comments:
i alawys get stuffies...oh wait...your talking about food
lol....this was funny :-) and i rebuke the "ah" sound instead of the "r" sound...i fight it EVERY DAY!!!
sounds like you're warming up to the area, which is a good thing. I guess old boy was trying to bring the rat tail back.
omg. i know. sometimes i want to throw melly (me)from the train b/c i'm getting so used to this place. today i got a fish sandwich. allegedly everyone gets one on fridays. and (this is the worst) when its 35 degrees, i'm like, "its not that cold." when before 45 was bundle up weather. its no longer strange to me that the wind chill is almost always 10 degrees below the actual temperature. damn me!!
Ick to stuffie. It's got clams. Sorry chica. Can't get down with clams. Or oysters. Or mussels. It's all gross to me.
Venus De Milo...oh the memories...we had our junior and senior proms there.
Post a Comment